How to Move WordPress From Local Server to Live Site
Nowadays many websites and blogs are powered by WordPress. Because any person who doesn’t know how to code get WordPress to build a website, also its free and priceless. WordPress.org states that currently 60 million people chooses WordPress to power their blog and website. So, in this tutorial we are going to see how we can move WordPress from local server to live.
To move WordPress from local server to live server, follow the below steps,
- Export the local WordPress Database
- Upload WordPress Files to Live server via ftp or file manager.
- Create MySQL Database on Live server.
- After creating the database import the local wordpress database to the live database.
- Now we need to change the site url by editing the wp_options table.
- Then Under the field options_name, you have to look for siteurl. Click the Edit Field icon, In the input box for option_value, you will see the URL of your local install probably something like: http://localhost/wordpress. Carefully insert your new site url in this field, for example: http://www.example.com
- Also in the options_name field look for home and replace the same.
Configuring your Live Site
- Check for wp-config.php file in your root folder and update the database credentials.
- Login to your WordPress admin panel, and go to,
Settings » General and Click save Options. This will ensure that the site url is corrected if it is anywhere else in the database.
- Go to Settings » Permalink and click Save to ensure that all post links are working fine.
- We also have to fix images and broken links by updating Paths using the below query,
UPDATE wp_posts SET post_content = REPLACE(post_content, 'localhost/wordpress/', 'www.example.com/');
That’s all. Now check your WordPress site, It will be live and up. Hope you find this tutorial helpful. Let me know if you have any query through comments.🔥0